Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Update

Well, another weekend, another missed opportunity to take control. The weekend started off well enough, on Friday I had my breakfast and snacks as usual. I had a class at the YMCA after work, but when I came home, my husband was working on something in the yard, so I decided to pitch in - although I was worn out from working and working out! We didn't get finished until almost 9pm! By that time, I was starving and decided to "REWARD" myself with some McDonalds. As I've said in the past, when I let myself get hungry I make bad eating decisions. So off to Micky D's I went. The only positive thing was I did manage to get an iced tea instead of a soda. I have to stop looking at fast food as some type of reward instead of the punishment it actually is.

On Saturday I woke up late, and had a quick breakfast of yogurt and wheat waffles. I ended up running around shopping with my mother and sister. We planned to go to my favorite restaurant Long Horn, where I know I can get a meal of salmon and grilled veggies. Well, when we got there, the restaurant had closed down! So, we went to a buffet around the corner - Golden Corral. If you like down home southern-style foods it's a great place. If you're trying to watch what you eat, not so much. I ended up with a plate of pot roast, fried shrimp, mashed potatoes, soda and other stuff I can't remember. I know I didn't eat as much as I used to at a buffet, but I was uncomfortably full. Luckily, we had more shopping and walking to do. That meal ended up being my lunch and dinner for Saturday.

Sunday, I puttered around the house doing laundry and housework. I got my breakfast in, and decided on rotisserie chicken for dinner. I also picked up some sweet rolls and made come candied sweet potatoes. I bought a pumpkin pie, but haven't eating it yet. I think I'll take it to work for my coworkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment