Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend Update

Is the weekend gone already? My weekend started out busy and ended pretty quietly. I always have trouble maintaining my eating plans on the weekends and this one was no different. Friday, I got thrown for a loop when I realized I had a lunch meeting. I don't do well if I don't plan ahead. Well, I did great! We went to the Smokehouse (next to Annie Gunn's) and they have great food. I looked at the menu and all I saw were high fat sandwiches and salads. Sooo, I kept looking until I found what I was looking for - a grilled chicken sandwich! I got the grilled chicken w/honey mustard, baked Lays and Water. Usually when I go there, I get the prime rib sandwich. So I probably saved myself about 1,000 calories!


On Saturday, my daughter had her family weekend at Mizzou. I got up early and made a trip to the YMCA to get in a little workout just in case I overate. I made sure I had breakfast, but wasn't sure about dinner. We ended up going to a little pub, where I had- again - a grilled chicken sandwich! I did get some waffle fries, but they went very good and I didn't eat many (my husband ate most of them). On the down side, I did have 3 of his hot wings and a soda : ( I will say, we walked at least 3-4 miles around campus and it was hot. I did breakdown and buy myself a cool Mizzou hat (I can't believe I spend $20 on a hat)!


Sunday is my do nothing day and I didn't let myself down. I slept late, but I did get in breakfast. I snacked on sunflower seeds and fruit (no lunch) until dinner - which was Long John Silvers. I had the baked tilapia meal with veggies (green beans, carrots and zuccini) and corn on the cob. I also had a side of popcorn shrimp. And I had a giant sweet tea.


All-in-all I had a pretty good week. I guess the moral for this week is when in doubt, get a grilled chicken sandwich! Most fast food and sitdown places have on now - so it's a good standby. I'm mad at myself for the soda lapse - I was doing so good! But, I can't beat myself up, just keep going. I'm happy I haven't forgotten to take my vitamins or vinegar since we've started and I usually forget on the weekends.

Next week will be very interesting because I start two classes at the YMCA in addition to the book camp classes! Hopefully, this will kick up my weight loss a notch!

No comments:

Post a Comment