Ok, so eating didn't go as planned today. I was supposed to have a business lunch and had already decided what to eat - grilled shrimp, veggies, brown rice. Lunch got cancelled. So, I decided to go out and get juice for tomorrow's fast and pick up a few items on the eating plan. Unfortunately, when I get hungry I make REALLY bad eating decisions and that's how I ended up at Chick-Fil-A. The plan was to grab a grilled chicken sandwich and side salad. (On a side note Chick-Fil-A is one of the best fast food places. Most of their entrees are under 450 calories). Of course when I got there the chicken strips and fries were calling my name - and I answered. I told myself "Well, Lyle wants us to eat like we normally do, and anyway I'm going to fast tomorrow, plus the eating plan starts next week and I won't be able to eat here anymore....." , you get the picture.
So the moral of this story is that I have to have a Plan A and a Plan B when Plan A goes out the window. Plan A is the eating plan Lyle gave us. Plan B will be to keep a couple cans of soup, some tuna and a Lean Cuisine at work, in case I have to switch gears.
I'm feeling pretty good about the program. I haven't had a soda all week - which is very unusual for me. I have had a couple of sweet teas, but I've stuck mostly to water. My goal for next week is to cut way back on my morning coffee. I normally get a large and I've switched to medium. Next week, it will be only small and eventually maybe I can give it up.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment