Well, today was going to be a challenging day. I knew I had meetings all day and a business lunch. I packed my lunchbox with my morning and afternoon snacks and also breakfast. I got up late and wasn't able to eat at home, although I did get my multi-vitamins and vinegar. I ate breakfast in my early meeting which ran almost up until lunch so I didn't get my morning snack.
Then came lunch. We went to my favorite Japanese restaurant where I normally get sushi (and they had the nerve to have an all-you-can-eat sushi special - Satan get behind me)! Everyone ordered sodas and tea, I stuck to my water. It's one of those places where they cook the food in front of you - so you get to see and smell everyone else's food! I ordered shrimp and chicken with veggies. It was so good! I also had fried rice (I love their fried rice), but it's not like the "ghetto rice" I normally get. After lunch, I was pretty full because I haven't been eating that much food at one time - now that I think back, I should have gotten a to-go box and put half the rice and chicken in there and eaten the rest. Tip for next time.
After work, I got home in time to change and go to boot camp. My sister and I decided to do the plus-size boot camp instead of the personal training - I think we made a mistake! In my mind, this should be a little easier than the regular boot camp or personal training -WRONG. I was so tired when I got home, I couldn't fix dinner. I actually had a fleeting thought of picking up some fast food, but I told my husband we were having soup for dinner. I bought cans of soup for those days when I didn't want to cook or just didn't want anything heavy. I couldn't eat the whole can, so I'll have the other half tomorrow! I am so happy with myself that I'm able to make good food choices and haven't fallen back into my old habits. I know it's only been a week, but it's been a great week. This weekend will be challenging because I'm going to Mizzou for a football game. I'll have to have my plans A & B ready!
Oh and I STILL have not had any soda. Yay me!
Breakfast: Oatmeal, grape juice & coffee
Lunch: Grilled shrimp & chicken with veggies, fried rice, and water
Snack: Slim-Fast
Dinner: Progresso High-Fiber Chicken Tuscany soup, Ritz "Hint of Salt" crackers and water
Muti-vitamins and vinegar
Note: Progresso has a new line of high fiber soups and they don't have a lot of preservatives. This flavor had broth, chicken, great northern beans, onions, tomatoes, celery, carrots, zucchini and spinach. A good source of fiber and veggies! Still a lot of sodium though :( I tried to make up for it with the low salt Ritz crackers.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment