Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend Update

Well, this is the last post for the Get Fit 4 Christ program! I'm very happy with the outcome, although I only lost about 6 or 7 pounds. My daughter was home and took my measurements and I've lost a total of 4 inches off my waist! I'm really excited about that because that's been a real problem area for me. While I understand that you can't lose weight in spots - you have to lose all over - it's been very difficult for me to lose weight in my stomach area. That's where I gain it first and lose it last.

I was not able to go on the 5K walk, but I did make my Killer Core class on Saturday. My daughter went with me and she thought it was very challenging. She's very athletic, so if it was hard for her, it was pretty hard. I was sore after class (as usual), but I felt better by the next day. It seems like we always target different muscles, so something different hurts each time.

Saturday, we went to a baby shower and I ate a few things I shouldn't have, like pasta salad (with meat), tuna salad and a little soda. I only ate very small portions and just had a 1/2 glass of soda. Afterwards my daughter wanted fried chicken wings for dinner (college students), so we had that and some rice-a roni and I made me some brussel sprouts. The chicken smelled so good, but I ate my rice and brussel sprouts first so I wouldn't eat so much chicken. I ended up only eating two wings and I pulled the skin off (my daughter tried to eat the skin off my plate, but I wouldn't let her). On Sunday, I made a ham, sweet potatoes, greens and home made rolls. I only had 2 slices of ham, one helping of potatoes, no greens and two rolls. I did have a couple glasses of sweet tea. But it's OK, because Sunday is my free day.

If anyone is reading this, thanks for watching my progress. Writing about it really helps! I plan to continue eating right, exercising and getting more water and vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment