This weekend went pretty well. I had my class on Friday evening and was on my own for dinner. On Saturday, I had my "Killer Core" class and I was pretty worried about how I would feel afterwards given what happened last week. I was pretty sore after the class, but by the next day I felt fine. I'm going to go back on Monday. Saturday afternoon I had a meeting with a nutritionist who showed us how to select foods based on sodium and cholesterol levels. I recently found out I have high cholesterol (224), so this was very important to me. After class we went out to dinner to Ponderosa, where I got some veggies from the food bar and a small sirloin steak. My sister was very good and got the grilled chicken which came with a baked potato and grilled vegetables. Next time, I'll get that too!
On Sunday, I got up early to do house work, went to the store and cleaned out my car. I fixed barbequed chicken wings, baked beans and mixed veggies for dinner. I normally would have two or three starches and no vegetables when I BBQ. This program has made a huge difference in the way I look at food.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment